Social Services Lobby Volunteer
William Temple House
William Temple House seeks individuals to volunteer in our Social Services Department, at our NW Portland location. Duties include greeting clients, directing clients, controlling traffic flow, and answering questions. Lobby Volunteers should be comfortable working with a diverse array of people from various ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds and be able to work with vulnerable clients.
*COVID-19 safety protocols are in place, and we strictly adhere to all OHA and CDC guidelines. All staff, volunteers, and clients must wear a mask/face covering, and adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Social Work of Social Services background.
- Experience working with clients, as this is an essential client facing position.
- Mandarin Chinese or Russian language skills are a plus, but not required.
- Be on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and clients.
- Make a 3 month volunteer commitment.
Hours: Tue, Wed, & Thur 11am to 1pm (2 hour shift); one shift per week is preferred.
About William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt St., Portland, OR 97209, US
William Temple House restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere.
Founded 55 years ago, WTH is a beloved nonprofit organization that restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere. With low and no-cost mental health counseling, a food pantry, and faith-neutral spiritual care, we lend a helping hand to Portland’s most vulnerable populations. We serve the whole person-mind, body, and spirit. A social enterprise, our thrift store, provides revenue to support our operations.