Role Titles - please apply for one of the following
- Virtual Finance Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Development Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Marketing Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Programs - Water & Sanitation Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Programs - Education Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Programs - Medical Care Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual Programs - Empowerment Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
- Virtual People & Culture Internship with FOREFRONT Charity
Development: This team fundraises and provides financial info to other teams. They are also responsible for events, grants, partnerships, and e-commerce. If you are interested in how nonprofits raise funding and work with partners, this is the team for you.
Finance: This team keeps FOREFRONT fiscally responsible through accurate and timely financial reporting, in order to maximize the impact of donations. This team organizes and analyzes our financial data, and makes data-based recommendations on fundraising and budgeting. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is necessary. VBA coding skills are preferred. If you're interested in data-based decision making in the financial realm, this team is for you.
Marketing: This team is responsible for our marketing. This includes our website, social media, creative, inspirational campaigns, newsletters, copywriting, and blog.
Programs: This team implements our mission on the ground. You can intern in Water & Sanitation, Education, Medical Care, and Empowerment (raising leaders in India). Our programs team provides creative solutions and tools for our partner communities in rural India. If you have the expertise or an interest in one or more of these pillars, this team is for you.
People & Culture: This team is our backbone, responsible for Human Resources and much more. This team recruits, hires, and onboards team members. This team also creates and maintains a great work culture virtually. If you're interested in Human Resources, the workplace environment, and how nonprofits operate, this team is for you.
About our internship program:
Our Summer Internship Program is a 10-week program from the beginning of June to mid-August. If you are enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student, we encourage you to apply. Our internship has mentorship and a weekly educational program component. Must be based in the US. Preference is given to applicants based in the greater NYC and DC areas.
What you will be doing:
As a summer intern, you will work with one of our departments to execute your project and gain exposure to how we further our mission. Our team is remote, so communications are mostly virtual. When not impacted by COVID-19, we ask interns to meet with your team in-person occasionally.
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Creativity, initiative, and effective collaborator
- June 7 to August 13
- 20 hours per week (approximately)
- Usually flexible hours with some team meetings in the evenings and on Saturday mornings (sometimes required)
- Access to a laptop or computer with a webcam
Culture and benefits
- Interning at FOREFRONT Charity provides an opportunity to work with people from different corporate and public settings who are creating sustainable communities in developing countries.
- You will help develop and execute the work of our organization
- The work is remote, so we encourage you to pitch ideas, ask questions, and get involved in interest areas
- Exposure to an influential network, different departments, and a great work culture.
- Earn university credits
- Have a local impact with global reach
What We Are Looking For
Who should apply:
You are encouraged to apply if you are passionate about helping others globally and a self-starter.
What to submit:
Along with your resume, submit a no more than 500-word response about what you will do for our team to help those we serve. Identify your passions, skills, and a project proposal for your 10-week internship. Your project proposal should be connected with the work of one department you’re interested in. In addition, please submit a no more than 60-second introduction video or audio clip.
Please send application materials to email@example.com .
FOREFRONT Charity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a freshman in college. Can I apply?
Yes, all undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Is there a deadline to apply?
Yes, internships start on June 7th. All applications must be submitted by April 26, 2021.
Can I work remotely as an intern?
Yes, our team is remote. However, you will be expected to join monthly and weekly meetings and in-person meet-ups with your team pending the impacts of COVID-19.