9 people are interested
Advocate for abused and neglected children!
9 people are interested
What You Need to Know: Opportunities in Valencia and Sandoval Counties
CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to advocate for children’s best interests. They stay with each case until it is closed and the child is in a safe, permanent environment. Volunteers work with children, their biological and foster families, welfare professionals, educators and service providers to ensure that judges have all the information they need to make the most well-informed decisions for each child.
CASA volunteers are ordinary citizens with extraordinary hearts!
- Volunteers are provided with all the necessary training and training materials.
- No special or legal background required.
- 21 years of age or older
- Successful completion of the 30 hour training program (modified virtual training)
- Local and federal criminal background checks
- Complete an in-person personal interview with CASA staff
- Complete 12 hours of in-service training each year
- Maintain the desire and heart to advocate for the best interests of children that have experienced abuse or neglect, through fact finding visits/communications with child, foster parents, case workers, and other relevant parties
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CASA PARTNERS 4NMKIDS INC
PO BOX 44184, RIO RANCHO, NM 87174, US
CASA Partners 4NMKIDS recruits, educates, and supports volunteers to advocate for the best interest of abused and neglected foster children in both Sandoval and Valencia Counties.
CASA believes the children we serve deserve a safe and loving environment, and should be given the opportunity to thrive.
Our organization values...
Cultural Diversity- We respect and value diversity in all forms. We strive to be inclusive and welcoming. We are conscious of different cultural dynamics and are adaptable in our approach.
Quality- We adhere to standards of excellence and best practices to support our volunteers, staff, and board.
Collaboration- We practice a high fidelity advocacy approach that includes multiple stakeholders to identify the needs and best interest of the children we serve.
Valencia and Sandoval CountiesLos Lunas, NM 87031
August 9, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Work / Management
- Child Advocacy
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours a month
- Our advocacy is driven by the guiding principle that children grow and develop best with their family of origin, if that can be safely achieved.