Volunteering Opportunity: Food Distribution Assistant
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About The Role: We are looking for a volunteer to assist us in the distribution of food and other supplies to the community members we serve in Greece.
- Sorting bulk donations and repacking donated items into individual kits
- Packing meals and bagging them for distribution to our community members
- Photographing and taking videos of donations distributions when requested
- Organizing and assisting at special events
- Respecting COVID prevention guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Fluency in English and any of the following languages: French, Farsi, Arabic, Greek
- Good relationship building skills
- Must have cross-cultural sensitivity
- Deeply interested, committed, and aligned with SPI’s mission
- Availability to work twice a week: on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions, and languages
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the refugee community and its individuals
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals who set out to change the world
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities, while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
SPI was created in response to an unmet need. Countless refugees in Greece are left without safe shelter and basic services like food and guidance for their future. The most vulnerable groups of these refugees, the LGBTQI+ community and single, pregnant women are widely ignored and face added struggles and dangers. SPI’s mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.