Blood Donor Ambassador
American Red Cross - Virginia Region
Did you know someone in the US needs blood every 2 seconds? To meet this critical need, the American Red is looking for friendly, customer focused individuals at blood drives in your community. Blood Donor Ambassador volunteers will provide help by:
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temperature screening station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with Collection team supervisor or charge staff to match donor's blood type with the best product for maximum support of the donation
- May make reminder/collection calls, re-schedule donor appointments and perform follow up activities as directe
About American Red Cross - Virginia Region
352 Church Avenue SW, Roanoke, VA 24016, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.