Evaluation Research Writer Intern/Volunteer
Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
This is an opportunity for a student or professional focused on Program Evaluation and Writing to assist us in establishing an evidence-based program with further research to support its expansion to more families throughout Illinois.
- Support "Best Start" Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting (including analysis, grant writing, report/article writing)
- Produce technical communication products that distill and elevate CCWF’s research and learnings.
- Support technical staff as a co-author or contributor by providing content guidance, copy editing, design templates, and peer-review publication support.
- Draft/Review research results-communications across CCWF media.
- Current University student or graduate with some experience in research and/or evaluation;;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 4-6 month period;
- Self-motivated with a positive, team attitude;
- Organized and reliable;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, writing samples will be invited;;
- Competent with computers, technology, and information systems, especially SPSS.
- Spanish language is not required, but would be an asset.
- This internship can be used to earn credits for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid internship, but a small stipend may be provided at the end of the internship based on the student’s approved travel expenses.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.