Virtual Office Assistant - Development Staff
The Salvation Army
The Development Virtual Office Assistant will assist The Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters contact donors to thank them for helping our organization. This position helps to extend the resources at The Salvation Army to better assist and direct the needs of our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Development staff to contact donors to welcome them to The Salvation Army
- Work with the Development staff to contact donors to thank them for their generosity
- Report call details to Development staff in timely manner
- Background clearance required
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with donors
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of The Salvation Army volunteers, partners, and donors
- Home computer with internet access
- Personal phone
- Call script will be prepared for the volunteer
- Monday- Friday
- Start time and working days are flexible
- This is a virtual opportunity
To signup go to:
For more information please contact:
Divisional Volunteer Coordinator
About The Salvation Army
1130 Hampton Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63139, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Midland Division of The Salvation Army is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. The division encompasses the state of Missouri, with the exception of Kansas City and six surrounding counties, and Southern Illinois.
The Army has a strong presence across the Division, with 29 Corps Community Centers; five social service institutions (with 615 beds) in St. Louis; 12 shelters (with 252 beds) outside of St. Louis; and 148 service units (local volunteer units) that are strategically located across the two states.
The Salvation Army's services literally touch people from the cradle to the grave. For example, in St. Louis, after-school programs and day camps serve dozens of children each day, while Booth Manor provides 73 residential units for low-income senior citizens
The Salvation Army spent more than $36 million on service in the Midland Division last year. It is a cost-efficient organization.In St. Louis, for example, 86 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to local programs and services