Public Relations Assistant
MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The mission of Mental Health and Recovery Counseling Education and Training (MHRCET) is to provide access to quality mental health and recovery services in a comprehensive and culturally respectful manner to individuals and families. MHRCET is dedicated to improving the quality of every individual by focusing on the primary goals and objectives:
- Improving population health
- Enhancing mental health awareness
- Addressing and reducing mental health stigma
- Improving the patient experience
- Becoming a leader in the mental health industry
We are currently seeking a volunteer Public Relations Assistant to assist in bringing awareness to the organization while coordinating related efforts on behalf of the Communications & Public Relations department. Tasks include research projects; communicating with news media outlets; responding to general inquiries directly related to past and present press releases; reviewing and editing content/material; and assists with promoting campaigns and events.
Personal qualities include being dynamic, energetic, collaborative, and a team member within the organization.
- Experienced in PR, communications, media, etc.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the components of a media kit
- Working with and supporting diverse communities
- Has written/edited press releases
- Confident utilizing office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Tech savvy (must be comfortable and familiar with using a computer, laptop, etc.)
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Responds to emails in a professional manner
- Developing and maintaining media outlet relationships
- Drafting/writing relevant press releases, event content, etc.
- Coordinating press conferences, interviews, and other event appearances
- Developing clear and concise online/media related content
- Increase community awareness of MHRCET
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Organized with time management skills
- Relevant skills in exercising initiative, good judgment and sound decision-making
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Has knowledge of a press release, pitch letter, trending stories, case studies, etc.
- Works well independently or in a team setting
- Effectively manages multiple priorities
- Can effectively handle last minute changes and able to shift gears comfortably
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and accordingly
MHRCET strives to deliver services and support necessary to improve the quality of life for children, youth, and adults with mental illness and addictive disorders.
Applicants must have voice and video capabilities in order to conduct and follow-up with interviews.
NOTICE: Skillset, attendance, availability, and work ethics are primary placement factors at the discretion of the organization.
About MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
P.O. Box 352, COPPEROPOLIS, CA 95228, US
The mission of MHRCET is to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive unified system to enhance mental health awareness, promote individual empowerment, and increase access to treatment and services for persons living with mental illness.
MHRCET is comprised of caring, dedicated, and mission driven individuals working toward the common goal of helping those with mental and behavioral health issues. Our primary objectives are providing quality mental health services, educating the general public, engaging those in need of support, and advocating for those who are unable to advocate for themselves.