Food Drive Leaders - Family Friendly
Catholic Charities of Boston
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Friends Feeding Families - Catholic Charities of Boston
Due to COVID-19, more and more families in Boston find themselves in need of support. This includes access to nutritious food. By putting together a bag of food (or more than one) and delivering your donation to our food pantry, you will be helping a family put dinner on the table. Collect nonperishable food items and deliver them to Catholic Charities of Greater Boston’s food pantry located at 185 Columbia Rd. Dorchester, MA 02121. Any size donation creates an impactful difference in someone's life facing food insecurity.
Pick a date to start your food drive. Let your friends, family, colleagues know how and where you will be collecting! Scroll down for step-by-step instructions.
- Decide what kind of nonperishable items you would like to donate and set a timeframe for when you would like to donate. Needed items often include Dry milk, oatmeal, pasta, canned vegetables, instant potatoes, canned tuna or salmon, and peanut butter. Please email Megan Calderon at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for the list of recommended items for families regarding the food drive, she then will forward the information to you.
- Be sure to also have gloves and other sanitizing products on hand to disinfect donations and/or otherwise protect yourself, as necessary.
- Please be sure to note we do not accept:
- Food items in glass containers
- Food items past expiration date
- Perishable food items
- Next, once all food items are collected, place them in a grocery bag or a bag of your choice.
- Contact Megan Calderon at email@example.com with your planned delivery date.
- Finally, deliver to Catholic Charities of Greater Boston’s food pantry located at 185 Columbia Rd. Dorchester, MA 02121 and deliver to our front desk! We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Please remember to wear a mask!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Catholic Charities of Boston
275 West Broadway, Boston, MA 02127, US
Catholic Charities is building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has continued its mission of building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
As one of the largest providers of social services in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities offers approximately 90 programs and services in 27 locations from Lawrence to Brockton and throughout to Boston. More than 200,000 people are helped each year regardless of faith.
Our programs and services are provided in three major areas:
- As an anti-poverty agency, Catholic Charities responds to the needs of the poor and working poor in our communities. This is accomplished by providing or helping them access emergency food, fuel, utility, rental, and mortgage assistance.
- Catholic Charities provides a variety of support services for children and families in order to strengthen and preserve families and provide children with the opportunities they deserve.
- With a variety of multicultural and multilingual services for immigrants and refugees, Catholic Charities is working to help these populations adjust to their new surroundings and become active participants in their communities.
Catholic Charities is a self-supporting, non-profit organization that relies on public, private, and United Way contributions.