DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Help save a child and start a family. Board Members wanted in San Diego...
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
California Chapter, Team San Diego
Gift of Adoption Fund, a 501c3 national charity, has given away nearly $10MM to complete over 4000 adoptions. The Gift of Adoption Fund seeks to fill the void that separates a child from family through adoption completion grants, giving vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive. We do this-- in large part -- through our extensive Chapter network.
In 25 states (and counting), the Gift of Adoption Fund seeks business and community leaders to join Chapter teams and grow our donor base through networking, awareness, and leveraging relationships and partnership in specific local markets. No other charitable initiative delivers the transformational impact of adoption for such a small investment -- not just for the child served, but for generations following.
Gift of Adoption California launched in 2017, and we are committed to building the San Diego hub of the CA Chapter. As of June 2020, Gift of Adoption California has awarded $283,000 in adoption assistance grants across California to complete the adoptions of 92 children, and we are looking to make an even greater impact.
What you will do
- Create relationships with San Diego based adoption agencies and attorneys as well as community groups such as schools, nonprofits and associations to generate referrals from qualified families across the region.
- Engage community and foundation prospects and partners to generate awareness and funds.
- Partner with other team members to host an annual Impact Celebration for members and guests to celebrate children, families served, and the impact made.
- Create and implement other fundraising activities that are important to you and your local market.
What we are looking for
- Business and community leaders that are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- People that are leaders in their field and connected to large personal and professional networks of philanthropically minded people.
- Individuals who enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, and communications.
- Purpose-driven people that are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base of the Fund in the San Diego metro area.
- This is a non-compensatory board member role. Instead of compensation, our board members:
- Enjoy being agents for change in the community and the world.
- Get to help more children find their way to permanent, loving homes.
- Make a personal gift of $1,000 or more annually and serve a 3-year term.
Learn more about how you can join the team and make a difference, reach out to Ashley Greene, Board Member Recruiter, today!
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Board Members can be located anywhere in San DiegoSan Diego, CA 92127
September 1, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- On average, our board members spend between 1 and 10 hours per month.
- • 10+ years of combined professional experience • Previous success hitting a financial goal • Large professional and social networks and • Evidence of business and community leadership and advocacy