DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Help save a child and start a family. Board Members wanted in San Diego...
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
California Chapter, San Diego Hub
Gift of Adoption (GOA) is a national charity that provides grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children - giving them permanent families and the chance to thrive. Priority is placed on helping children facing what is possibly their only chance at adoption, including children at-risk of separation from siblings, entering foster care, aging-out of an orphanage or with serious medical conditions. We are the largest provider of adoption assistance grants on a nondiscriminatory basis (without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identify or marital status) and our grants are paid directly to agencies and attorneys working on the child’s behalf. Since inception in 1996 through December 31, 2020 GOA has awarded $10.6 million to give 3,627 children permanent families and the chance to thrive. The goal of the San Diego hub’s all-volunteer board is to raise enough funds to complete all adoption grant requests. 100% of the money raised by the chapter is directed to uniting children with forever families in the area.
What you will do
- Create relationships with San Diego individuals, companies, nonprofits, groups, organizations, and partnerships in order to garner awareness for our cause and build our donor base.
- Engage community and foundation prospects and partners to generate awareness and funds.
- Partner with other team members to create high-impact events for members and guests to celebrate children, families served, and the impact made.
- Create and implement other fundraising activities that are important to you and your local market.
What we are looking for
- Business and community leaders that are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- People that are leaders in their field and connected to large networks of philanthropically minded people.
- Individuals who enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, and communications.
- Purpose-driven people that are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base of the Fund in the San Diego metro area.
This is a non-compensatory board member role. Instead of compensation, our board members:
- Enjoy being agents for change in the community and the world, and help children find their way to a permanent loving home.
- Make a personal gift back to the organization and leverage their networks to hit their "get" goal.
Board Members are needed to move the Gift of Adoption (GOA) mission forward. GOA awards grants to complete the adoption of vulnerable children-removing the financial barriers to adoption, so that more children become adopted into forever families of their own. If you want to become a part of a growing, highly credentialed charity and you share our belief that having a loving family is a basic right for children everywhere, we hope you will consider joining us. By volunteering your time, talent, and treasure you can completely change the trajectory of a child’s life for the better. You don’t have to adopt to give a child a family.
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Board Members can be located anywhere in San DiegoSan Diego, CA 92130
July 20, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- On average, our board members spend between 1 and 10 hours per month.
- • 10+ years of combined professional experience • Previous success hitting a financial goal • Large professional and social networks and • Evidence of business and community leadership and advocacy