The Products and Services (P&S) team at ARISE Impact is primarily responsible for the conceptualization, development and delivery of accessible self-learning courses to enable college students with disabilities in Delhi-NCR, India to generate livelihoods. We are looking for a Program Manager to work closely with the Head of Products and Services to support, and eventually manage the operational cadence of the function.
We are looking for individuals who resonate with AI's mission to empower people with disabilities to become self-sustaining and employable. No minimum work experience is required, however prior experience with program/project management in any capacity will be highly preferred .
- Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate issues and challenges with accuracy and concision in oral and written media
- Resilient self-starter with a bias for action and possesses a structured approach to problem-solving
- Proven capability to work effectively in teams and strong stakeholder/relationship management skills
- A relentless drive for efficiency in any project, process or system they are involved in
- Maintaining the operational BSQ (program management tool) for the Products and Services function - sourcing updates from various team leads, following up on and escalating key risks to leadership with actionable recommendations to take quick decisions in timely manner
- Developing an in depth understanding of the operations, projects and initiatives of every function to quickly identify organizational goals & deliverables, cross-functional needs, scheduling hurdles, and other general challenges
- Support all functional managers and the P&S leads as needed to enable successful completion of projects
- Collaborate with organization leadership to design and incubate special projects
- Effectively communicate and present problems identified, as well as recommendations in weekly "All Hands" team meetings
- Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good network internet connection and familiarity with social media platforms in specific WhatsApp and Skype
- Must be an excellent communicator with ability to work in a virtual setting
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have passion for building and growing relationships
- High professional standards, including integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- A sense of accomplishment & fulfilment from working in a tech-enabled, mission driven organization
- A Letter of Recommendation from ARISE Impact
- Immense professional development opportunities through working with an international team of volunteers, as well as the opportunity to learn new skills
- Resume-building and networking opportunities
About ARISE Impact
#3265, Sector 35-D, Chandigarh, Punjab 160022, IN
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) Impact is a mission oriented non-profit enabling self-learning for differently-abled.
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) is a non-profit Charitable Trust headquartered at Chandigarh, and recognized with charitable status. We develop and disseminate self-learning resources for the differently-abled and marginal communities. Our philosophy is of self-learning leading self-awareness, empowerment and hence, focusing on increasing engagement with education and likelihood of employability over the longer term.
We started serving our mission first in 2010, with Special Education Module for Visually Challenged at Institute for the Blind, Sector 26, Chandigarh. Special Education Module is a talking audio resource compatible across various devices, especially mobile platforms. We conducted in-classroom on-ground research studies to build models of cognitive learning for visually challenged children and their skillset and learning gaps. Based on our research, we have developed over 200 SEMs and distributed to more than 300 visually challenged children in India. Our impact has shown in typical 21% increase in test scores, shifting second-divisions to first, and gaining 98-100% engagement levels with our SEMs.
ARISE was the winner NGO in the Mobile Usage category under eNGO Challenge Awards (2014) amongst 700 NGOs in South Asia region and a Social Enterprise partner for City Awake Conference in Boston, USA