3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ASD Adult Achievement Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Summary We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate, and friendly volunteer/unpaid intern to teach face-to-face lessons about Adobe Creative Cloud programs to our group of high-functioning young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The ideal candidate has experience working with Adobe programs and a passion for helping high-functioning individuals with autism learn and develop proficiency in these programs. Responsibilities
- The position will be a commitment of volunteering 2 days each week for 4 hrs/day.
- The instructor will teach a small class (10 students or fewer) of adults with ASD.
- Instruction takes place in-person at our center in Altamonte Springs.
- The volunteer must be able to communicate and interact effectively and respectfully with high-functioning adults with ASD.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Suite - Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word Press, After Effects, and related programs.
- Teaching experience is required.
- Experience working with young adults with autism or special needs is preferred.
- Must demonstrate empathy, patience, and friendliness while working with high-functioning adults with autism.
About ASD Adult Achievement Center
283 Cranes Roost Blvd, Suite 111, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, US
Our mission is to provide an environment where adults with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) can come together to learn skills, strategies and solutions to promote personal and professional achievement and independence.
ASD Adult Achievement Center is a non-profit provider of services for individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). Founded in 2016, ASD Achievement serves adults 18 and over who desire greater independence. ASD Achievement provides training and education in the areas of independent life skills, social skills, executive function skills and job readiness skills to Central Florida residents.
222 S. Westmonte DriveSuite 230Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
November 29, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Graphic Design / Print
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days a week, 4 hrs/day. Specific day is subject to the class schedule for each academic semester.
- This position would be perfect for anyone with Adobe expertise who wants to give back to the community and work with young adults with autism.