Board of Directors, Director/Member
FIDELITY HOUSE CRC
BOARD MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
To support and empower individuals with disabilities and those with significant challenges to pursue their goals and to live a fulfilled life.
The Board Member will support the work of Fidelity House CRC (FHCRC) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by FHCRC’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
LEADERSHIP, GOVERNANCE, and OVERSIGHT
- Serving as advisor to the CEO as they develop and implement FHCRC’s strategy.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by FHCRC for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
- Reviewing the agenda and supporting materials prior to all board and committee meetings, and attending all meetings.
- Approving FHCRC’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO.
- Assisting the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other qualified Board Members.
- Partnering with the CEO and other Board Members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces as needed.
- Representing FHCRC to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador.
- Board Members will consider FHCRC a top philanthropic priority. FHCRC expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
- Support the development and philanthropic strategy of FHCRC, which includes cultivating donors, making social connections, attending events, and working in partnership with the CEO and the Director of Development.
FHCRC’s Board Members serve a one-year trial term, followed by a choice of a one, two or three year term, and are one are eligible for an additional three-year term.
Board meetings are held six times per year and committee meetings are held regularly, separate from board meetings. Board Members are required to participate on a committee that will best complement their skills, passions, and areas of expertise. Service on FHCRC’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
Selected Board Members will ensure that FHCRC is governed properly and is fulfilling its mission. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. Board Members who can dedicate their time and talent to the organization will enjoy being on the forefront of advances in disability services while working with an equally committed board and senior management team.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FIDELITY HOUSE CRC
439 SOUTH UNION ST, LAWRENCE, MA 01843, US
To empower the individuals that we serve to pursue their goals and to live a fulfilled life.
FHRC is the result of a 2019 merger between Fidelity House (1971) and Career Resources Corporation (1968). We are the largest provider of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Merrimack Valley, serving over 1200 children, teens and adults. FHCRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit human services agency supporting those with disabilities and significant challenges such as autism, Down Syndrome and Acquired Brain Injury.
We are funded by the Massachusetts Division of Developmental Services (DDS), the Mass Rehab Commission, MassHealth and through grant and charitable donations.
Our Board is an oversight Board, and it does not operate the agency; it is more of an advisory Board.
We offer specialized services across 68 locations in NE Massachusetts, including:
Adult Foster Care
Day and Residential Services (26 Residence in six cities/towns)