ALERT!!! Disaster Workforce Engagement Team Leader NEEDED! Impact Your Community! (Hybrid)
Support new Red Cross volunteers into the Disaster Cycle Services Department by guiding and encouraging volunteers to participate in meetings and projects.
Helping new volunteers into their area of interest: onboarding/placement, deployment, training, recognition, and appreciation, leadership development, Volunteer management website/profile management, and/or engagement.
Projects may include but are not limited to conducting volunteer interviews, updating profiles on our volunteer management website, recognition, analyzing reports/data, scheduling volunteers, etc.
This position is responsible for supporting and engaging the workers assigned to the team which includes:
1. Providing supervision including ensuring assigned volunteers are engaged in regional activities by assigning tasks to complete function activities, regular and ongoing communication of opportunities, discussing the level of involvement and development, providing timely feedback and coaching;
2. Providing evaluation of performance in completing assigned tasks and collaborating with Disaster Workforce Engagement Team for yearly evaluation and completion of volunteer's development plan;
Team Leaders are responsible for the overall execution of assigned tasks which may include:
1. Support the annual DSC regional goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for volunteer engagement by coordinating projects, and participating in local DWE activities
2. Projects and local DWE activities will be assigned according to the DWE activities you are interested in: Engagement, Recognition, and Appreciation, Deployment, Leadership Development, Volunteer Connection/Profile Management, Onboarding/Placement, Training.
3. Projects may include but are not limited to tasks such as organizing new volunteer orientation to DCS, scheduling interviews and/or training, completing career development conversations, planning/hosting recognition, etc.
- Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation. Note that fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final dose of vaccine.
* Build and lead a team using a collaborative leadership style and demonstrating traits of honesty, forward-looking, competence, intelligence, and compassion.
* Build and manage effective relationships with groups and individuals who can help with related goals.
* follow and implement requests received from a supervisor with little or no supervision.
* adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
* monitor and correct performance and manage conflict.
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
October 14, 2021
- Disaster Response
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on projects and priorities. - Varies, flexible - 1-year commitment
- All the training is done virtually, you do not need to leave the luxury from your home. TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation.