JOB SUMMARY: The Treasurer sits on the Board of Directors, chairs the Investment Committee, and is responsible for managing the financial assets and liabilities of Peninsula Seniors. The Treasurer assists the Executive Director and Board with the financial management of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chair Investment Committee, guide investment planning and performance
- Create and monitor annual budgets
- Prepare, present, and explain monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Signer on bank and brokerage accounts
- Ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with our policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements and tax filings with certified public accountants
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Familiar with QuickBooks Online (QBO), accounting principles and processes; is detailed and organized, mindful of deadlines, communicates well with auditors, other board members and volunteers, employees, and public. Maintains high standards and integrity. Maintains confidentiality with sensitive organizational information. Identify and manage risk.
Financial accounting, controls and budgeting; investments; computer literate, knowledge of QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word), DonorPerfect.
About PENINSULA SENIORS
602 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 310, ROLLING HILLS ESTATES, CA 90274, US
Peninsula Seniors was established in 1981. We offer activities, events, and services that enhance and enrich the lives of our members and other adults living on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and surrounding areas. Participation promotes and preserves dignity and self-worth, fosters social interaction, and supports independence and self-determination.
We are almost entirely member-funded. We have 2 employees and 93 volunteers. We are located in Rolling Hills Estates.