Our environment is based on Microsoft 365 for non-profits, which includes a mix of Microsoft 365
Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business Basic licenses. Our staff use seven laptops running
Windows 10 for Home and have Office 365 PC applications installed locally. Day-to-day we use
Word, Excel, OneDrive for Business and Teams Office 365 applications on the PC and on the Web.
We also make use of social media, currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
We are looking for some to support the charity’s staff, trustees and volunteers in their day-to-day
use of this environment and these tools.
· User support may take place using email, over the telephone, using Teams. If hands on
work with laptops and equipment is required, this can be done remotely, at one of the
charity’s Basingstoke locations or through collection of the laptop.
· Support includes:
o Identification and escalation or escalation of issues, include issues arising from malware and security breaches.
o Software installation, configuration, upgrades and removals.
o Remote monitoring of environment to proactively identify issues.
o Installation of peripherals such as printers, cameras and so forth.
o Account maintenance on laptops and Microsoft 365.
o Liaison with third-parties that provide IT services to the charity.
o Installation and update of Windows, including preparation for new users and clean-up after departures.
· Develop staff, trustees, and volunteers effective use of the charity’s Information Technology. use of Microsoft 365. including Outlook, One Drive and SharePoint plus use of Excel as a database
· Assist in the administration and management of the charity’s Office 365 account
Work with the Board of Trustees member with responsibility for ICT to:
o Roll out the charity’s IT Strategy, making suggestions on improvements on an
o In cases where implementation of a software or hardware solutions will require expenditure.
o Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
The volunteer should be able to commit an average of 3 hours per week to the charity, though
due to the nature of the role there are peaks and troughs in demand for IT support.
The Board of Trustees member with responsibility for ICT is an experienced IT professional who
will support the volunteer in their role.
· Experience relevant to the role and the charity’s IT environment.
· Be able to work from home to support using standard Windows 10 tools such as Remote Assistance and Easy Connect, and Microsoft 365 for Business.
· Experience of providing hands on and remote support using tools such as Teams as well as via the phone and email communication.
· Proven communication skills with people who have limited computer/ICT skills.
· Experience in set-up, configuration, and troubleshooting of
o Windows 10.
o Microsoft 365 applications on Web, PC and phone applications.
o Antivirus and PC firewalls software.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 including use of SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams.
· Collaborative skills to work with the Board of Trustees member with oversight of ICT.
· Appreciation of information security and privacy needs of an organization that manages sensitive personal information.
· Willingness to learn and help others learn
· Experience of teaching/coaching beginners and improvers in ICT skills
· Experience of administration of Microsoft Office 365 for Business, Enterprise or non-profit.
· Experience of the set-up and management of social media that the charity users.