Alert! Disaster Preparedness Presenter Leads NEEDED!! Prepare & Impact Your Community! Hybrid
Please visit the new page to apply.
We provide appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters VIRTUALLY. This position is responsible for supporting and engaging the members assigned to "Prepare with Pedro" team, which includes ensuring assigned volunteers are provided with outstanding support and management:
- Supervision- providing supervision to assigned volunteers including ensuring assigned volunteers are engaged in regional activities by assigning tasks to complete function activities, regular and ongoing communication of opportunities, discussing level of involvement and development, providing timely feedback and coaching;
- Welcoming/orientation to Disaster Cycle Services and the volunteer's functional area for Prepare with Pedro;
- Helping new volunteers know which training they need to complete
- Recognition for successful completion of tasks
- Evaluation of performance in completing assigned tasks
- Follow all standards and procedures for implementing and delivering Prepare with Pedro in the region;
- Work with volunteer services to recruit volunteers and ensure all presenters are trained according to program requirements;
- Work with all Red Cross lines of service to build a robust outreach and community engagement program
- Work with other volunteers so presentations are successfully scheduled and staffed appropriately
- Consult with regional communications and marketing teams to promote the program and to coordinate other media coverage needs
- Coordinate presentations in the same zip codes as the Home Fire Campaign, and build community partnerships with organizations like Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCAs, as well as other disaster partners
- Attend all training webinars and workshops, at the beginning of the program period, led by the national headquarters team, and complete other required tasks, such as inventory counts, in a timely fashion
- Ensure all data is reported to the national headquarters team each month
- Provide national headquarters with ideas, stories and lessons learned that could improve the program, and coordinates these stories with those being reported for the Home Fire Campaign.
- Approximately three to four hours per presentation (includes travel, setup, and presentation). Suggest making presentations a minimum of once a month at the start, to refine skills and keep
knowledge and presentation skills sharp. (VIRTUALLY) as of now.
- Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation. Note that fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final dose of vaccine.
- Red Cross will provide all necessary training!
Training: We provide all the training! VIRTUALLY
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
February 2, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE!! We will work with you!
- Complete 5 hrs of online training and training volunteers throughout San Bernardino County, San Diego, Orange, and Riverside Counties. (Virtually) Opportunity.