Spanish translation for client and partner interviews
JPNDC is in need of bilingual (English/Spanish) volunteers to help conduct interviews and conversations with our program participants, small business owners, and other partners to capture their stories.
- The interviews will all be done virtually over the phone within working hours (9 AM to 5 PM EST).
- Volunteers need to be fluent in Spanish and English.
- You will partner with English- speaking Fundraising/Communications staff to conduct 1-2 45-minute interviews per month with Spanish- speaking participants. These will be coordinated to work within your schedule/availability during the workweek.
- JPNDC staff will coordinate the timing of the interview and provide background and prepared questions. You will ask the prepared questions, ask follow-up questions if relevant (yours or JPNDC staff's), and help with translation post-interview.
- The interview audio will be recorded for documentation purposes.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
31 Germania St., Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, US
"For 41 years and into the future, our mission is to promote equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain and adjacent neighborhoods through affordable housing, organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives that improve the lives of low-and moderate-income people and create a better community for all."
Why The JPNDC? We’re a leader in keeping Jamaica Plain economically diverse and a place where everyone can build prosperity.
- We are the lead provider of economic development services to Boston’s Latino immigrants.
- We have led Jamaica Plain’s revitalization as a small business beacon for all.
- We help people do more than just get by. We help them get ahead.
- We get results... that last.