YOUTH PROGRAM CHAIR
Bernadette's House, Inc.
Full Job Description
Bernadette’s House, Inc. ("BH") is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Youth Program Chair
that is passionate about event planning for nonprofits!
The Youth Program Chair implements the BH Girls Rising Program and reports to the
Membership Committee Board Member.
The BH Girls Rising Program is a 12-month program, providing monthly virtual seminars with
women educators and leading professionals to inspire participants. Each month focuses on a
different topic, such as skillsets, college preparation, activities, etc. The Youth Program Chair
will also organize an end of the year workshop or seminar with multiple guest speakers.
This is an unpaid position.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and résumé to Kaila@bernadetteshouse.org.
What You’ll Do
* Maintain records of participating members and speakers.
* Identify monthly topics, potential speakers, and schedule.
* Organize and coordinate webinars.
* Develop digital and non-digital resources for families.
* Collaborate with BH volunteer staff when participation needed.
* Work with the digital marketing and communications staff to widely communicate the
events to all BH members and potential members.
* Works closely with the BH Events Coordinator Intern to implement all in-person and
* Create and deploy satisfaction evaluations at the end of each program year; share results
with Membership Committee Board Member, to be distributed to the Executive Board.
About Bernadette's House, Inc.
306 Montgomery St, Laurel, MD 20707, US
To provide a safe and supportive environment for young girls to explore their purpose in life.
Bernadette’s House, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) faith-based charitable nonprofit organization that was founded in October 2012. Our volunteer staff is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive home-like environment for preteen and teenage girls who live in and around the Laurel, Maryland area. Careful consideration is made to match each girl in our program with a mentor who is dedicated to developing a nurturing relationship that encourages the mentee to venture on a journey of self-discovery and "dare to dream" of a life full of possibilities. Our program is designed to foster the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills that will enable the girls to make life choices that will have a positive impact on their future.