ALS Association IN Chapter Development and Communications Internship
ALS Association Indiana Chapter
The mission of the Association is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS and to serve, advocate for and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
The ALS Association Indiana Chapter is seeking a part-time to full-time Development/Communications Intern who will assist with fundraising activities for the ALS Association Indiana Chapter. Interns will gain valuable experience in fundraising, development, event coordination, communications & marketing, grant writing, and sustainable programming.
All interested applicants should send their resume and statement of interest to Judith Williams, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create social media content for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and identify creative ways to share across social media platforms
- Work with Development staff on direct mail campaigns and website development
- Conduct prospect research for sponsorship solicitation and grants
- Assist in management of logistical needs for upcoming events (Walk to Defeat ALS, Research Update, and Bob Kravitz Golf Outing)
- Assist in coordinating volunteers for events
- Identify and secure auction items for Bob Kravitz Golf outing
- Provide input of event timelines and volunteer activities to ensure all aspects of the event are delivered on time and in quality fashion.
- Identify, through research, public and private grant and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- May assist with the preparation of donor materials, thank-you letters
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, appeals and events
Internships with The ALS Association Indiana Chapter are unpaid. School credit will be given after the successful completion of the internship program.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ALS Association Indiana Chapter
7202 East 87th Street, Suite 102, Indianapolis, IN 46256, US
OUR MISSION: To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
ABOUT THE ALS ASSOCIATION INDIANA CHAPTER:
The Indiana Chapter of the ALS Association was founded in 1997 by a small group of passionate individuals touched by Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) to serve the needs of Hoosiers and their families living with the disease. Being the only ALS Association Chapter in Indiana, we serve the entire state and symbolize the hopes of people everywhere that ALS will one day be a disease of the past, conquered by the dedication of thousands who have worked tirelessly to understand and eradicate this perplexing killer.
The ALS Association is the only non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure.
Our accomplishments are made possible by the generosity of others. From the smallest donation to the largest gift, donors touch the ALS community with hope for the future.