We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
5 people are interested
Virtual Volunteer Business Counselor / Coach
ORGANIZATION: South Piedmont Community College - Small Business Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Calling successful business owners, professionals, business subject matter experts and MBA students! If you have a passion for helping small and micro businesses succeed this opportunity is for you.
Volunteers counselors and coaches play a crucial role in the development of prospective business owners and the growth of existing businesses. As a volunteer counselor you can lend your expertise to help clients explore and launch new ventures or assist operating businesses with strategies to stabilize and/or expand their business. We hope you will consider sharing your business knowledge to help the small business community survive and thrive particularly through these challenging pandemic times.
Counselors are need to assist in the below areas. Generalists are welcome as are those with targeted skills to meet specific business needs.
- Business formation (startup steps, business plan development)
- Financial planning (projections, cash flow, loan preparation)
- Marketing plan development
- Social Media marketing
- Business pivots to sustain during COVID
- Ecommerce (transitioning to online sales)
- Funding (sources of capital, preparing for bank loans)
- Basic legal advisement (entity formation, service contracts)
- Nonprofit development and management
- General business advisement
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About South Piedmont Community College - Small Business Center
3509 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe, NC 28110, US
The mission of the Small Business Center at South Piedmont Community College is to increase the success rate and the number of viable small businesses in Anson and Union Counties of North Carolina by providing high quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing small business owners, which will lead to job creation and retention.
South Piedmont's Small Business Center is part of the North Carolina Community College System's Small Business Center Network. This statewide network is dedicated to supporting prospective and current business owners achieve their startup or growth goals. We are a community-based provider of no-cost small business training, one-on-one business counseling, and resource referral services.
Small businesses are struggling due to the pandemic and need help now more than ever. To increase our capacity to serve and provided targeted expertise we are seeking volunteer business counselors to commit to just three-hours a month as needed for the period of a year.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 9, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Background Check
- We are seeking volunteer counselors to commit up to 3-hours a month on as needed basis for a period of with a for a period of 8 or 12 months.