Social Media Marketer
Advocacy Coach Inc
We're on a mission to prove that everyone has what it takes to change unjust policies impacting their communities. Individuals, organizations, and foundations work with aCoach.org to launch advocacy campaigns and create a positive impact.
aCoach.org’s platform empowers anyone to wield the policy change skills of better funded, more sophisticated entities. Our trained advocacy coaches co-design social justice campaigns with individuals and community organizations, as well as provide the resources needed for success. Our technology is designed to scale 10X more community campaigns for justice, while helping campaigns have an outsized impact. We have created the first version of our platform and are now starting to reach out to community-based organizations interested in launching social justice campaigns. You can see one of our first campaigns here:
We need smart and creative leaders with a strong passion for helping communities and some social media knowledge to grow support for these campaigns and the organization. You will work with a small team on a part-time basis (5-10 hours/week minimum) to grow the organization!
You don't need to be an expert, but you should have the drive to become one!
- Support social strategy development with the team through brainstorm sessions
- Generate and share daily content that raises awareness and drives engagement across media channels
- Build and help manage the organization's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Engage with relevant social media accounts, individuals, and posts
- Write eye catching social media posts to engage our audience
- Identify relevant content for us to share across our channels
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn (Daily or weekly usage)
- Passion for social justice
- Strong desire to make a positive impact on society
- Experience working in small teams (3-4 people)
- Willingness to learn on the fly
- Entrepreneurial spirit to built the non-profit up
- Excellent organizational, communication and visual skills
- Experience using Slack, Gmail, and Google Drive
- Worked with non-profit organizations in the past
- Using social media for small organizations
- Working remotely
About Advocacy Coach Inc
490 43rd Street, Suite 350, Oakland, CA 94609, US
aCoach.org helps organizations and individuals advocate for change by providing expert coaches, funding and the tools you need to address an issue in your community.
Unlike online petitions and "clicktivism," you collaborate closely with advocacy experts to design a winning campaign that uses little-known strategies to change policies.
aCoach.org’s proven, step-by-step approach helps you achieve the change your community needs.
You'll also get the money and tools you need to succeed