8 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers Needed
8 people are interested
ITNSunCoast, a nonprofit organization that provides rides to seniors with an emphasis on outstanding customer service, seeks volunteer drivers ages 25 and up to provide rides on a part-time, as-needed basis in Sarasota and Bradenton areas. Drivers use their own vehicles and are reimbursed for mileage. If you are interested in making a difference in peoples' lives and meeting some very interesting people in your area, please send us a letter of interest. Very flexible arrangement. All drivers must have access to and be able to effectively use GPS, a cell phone to text, and email. Please include your phone number with your response.
- Must be 25 years old or older
- Excellent communication skills and compassion for older adults.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must pass a background check
- Enjoy working with Seniors
- Be detail-oriented
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Must be dependable and reliable
Primary Driver Responsibilities :
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to our members.
- Provides on-time transportation for our members to medical visits, pharmacy visits, shopping, and other rides of their choice.
- Responsible for ensuring members are picked up on time and taken to their respective appointments on time.
- Communicates effectively with the Rides Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, and Executive Director.
- Provide arm-through-arm and door-to-door service to our members.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
Times Most Needed:
Monday - Friday
5:30 am - 11 am
10 am - 3 pm
3 pm - 9 pm
***You can drive as little as 1 hour per day or more if rides are available. There is no set amount of time required for Drivers to drive for us.
We are happy to provide masks and sanitizer to our drivers. We require passengers to sit in the back seat of your vehicle and wear a mask at all times.
About ITN SunCoast
PO Box 3016, SARASOTA, FL 34230, US
The mission of ITNSunCoast is to help individuals 60 and older and adults of any age with vision challenges maintain their independence and live joyful and meaningful lives through a convenient, reliable and affordable transportation option when driving a car themselves is not sensible or safe.
ITNSunCoast is a local, non-profit organization that provides rides to individuals 60 and older and adults of any age with vision challenges and other disabilities. Our mission is to help individuals maintain their independence and live joyful and meaningful lives through a convenient, reliable and affordable transportation option when driving a car themselves is not sensible or safe. Rides are available for any reason, 24 hours a day, to anywhere within Sarasota and Manatee Counties. We are seeking Volunteer Drivers to provide rides to our members. All Drivers use their own vehicles to transport members and drivers can get mileage reimbursed for occupied miles. What makes us unique is that our drivers provide our member Riders with arm-through-arm and door-to-door service from their home to the car and from the car to their destination. Come join us and experience a fun, rewarding, and self fulfilling volunteer opportunity.
Manatee County AreaBradenton, FL 34208
August 30, 2021
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training