1 person is interested
Thrift Store Home Goods/Electronics Pricer
1 person is interested
Pricing is very important to Blue Ridge Humane Society. While we want to bring in as much as we can for the animals in our care, we also want to ensure a regular, steady merchandise flow as much as possible. As such, monitoring prices and actual sales is key to achieving a proper balance and satisfactory financial returns. Pricing, variety of merchandise, sales flow, and sales floor appearance are equally important to the success of our Thrift Store. As a Thrift Store pricer, you will have direct involvement with these operational necessities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
- Test electronics item to ensure proper functionality, and ensure that device has all parts needed to function properly.
- Note condition and desirability of all items.
- Research items online as necessary to determine fair market value.
- Price items in a manner that maximizes both financial return and merchandise flow.
- Monitor sales floor pricing thresholds and merchandise flow
- Stock merchandise as it is priced in an organized, aesthetically-pleasing manner.
- Keep up with current sales trends.
- Keep the store shelves tidy and full in appearance.
To perform this volunteer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Consistent, regular availability.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for a 3.5-hour shift.
- Ability to handle large and/or bulky items up to 50 lbs.
- Comfort with computer-based systems.
- Prior retail or resale experience preferred.
- Must have completed general BRHS orientation or Virtual Volunteer Information Session.
- Ability to function as part of a team and work with fellow volunteers, BRHS staff, and partner staff.
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com to get started!
09:30 AM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 04:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Blue Ridge Humane Society
88 Centipede Lane, HENDERSONVLLE, NC 28792, US
We are dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County and our neighboring communities through adoption, outreach, and education.
The Blue Ridge Humane Society offers a variety of volunteer opportunities from assisting in our Adoption Center, Thrift Store, and with Community Programs! If you are a dog or cat lover, we are looking for driven individuals who are believe in ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County. There are so many pieces that go into fulfilling our mission from adoption, prevention, and education and we need volunteers throughout every step of the way!
1214 Greenville HighwayHendersonville, NC 28792
July 27, 2021
- Inventory Management
- Sales Process
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week
- Must have attended a BRHS Virtual Volunteer Information Session