The Donor Relations and Gift Processing Volunteer will assist with a variety of projects that help fulfill fundraising needs; drafting mailings, thank you letters for corporate and individual donors; process donations; and, assist with donor database maintenance and upkeep. Flexible with hours per week volunteering as with the ability to volunteer from home.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing donor stewardship letters and acknowledgement materials
- Processing donations and preparing gift reports for the Board of Directors
- Maintaining donor data using a CRM database
- Writing and sending personalized thank you letters to Animal Aid Society donors
- Preparing materials for donor mailings
- Drafting, editing, and preparing electronic monthly newsletters, custom reports, and regular Animal Aid Society service updates for corporate and individual donors
- Assisting with general office administrative tasks related to fundraising, as well as assisting with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Assisting with gift processing
- Enthusiastic about philanthropy, the non-profit sector, and Animal Aid Society mission
- Direct experience (professional or volunteer) in donor relations, fundraising, communications and/or office administrative support
- Creative thinker that can craft stories and share data and information in unique ways that appeal to corporate and individual audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience using CRM programs ideal, but general familiarity with online database management software a plus
- Ability to perform basic research, including online research and using CRM databases like to generate donor data and information
- Highly organized and can maintain attention to detail, even while coordinating multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible self-starter and ability to work with a team of individuals to accomplish tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively maintain the security of sensitive and confidential information
The purpose of the Society shall be to provide to/and or for animals, other than man, shelter, medical aid, care and protection, to act as a placement agency for animals in good health, and to provide education for the humane care and treatment of animals, and to attempt to prevent cruelty to animals. We are a nonprofit organization that receives no funding from state or federal agencies. All of the funds required to maintain the shelter and care for the dogs come from donations and special fund-raising events. Donations to the shelter are tax deductible. Our dogs are not euthanized for space. This means that new dogs can only be accepted by the shelter when we have an available kennel.
About Animal Aid Society
Animal Aid Society (AAS) is a non-profit, no-kill dog shelter located in Hampton, Virginia. Since its founding in 1971, AAS has helped countless stray, abandoned, and abused dogs find their happily ever after in Coastal Virginia.
Open to the public 365 days a year, AAS utilizes campus-style kennels that give each of each dog their own temperature controlled housing with access to an outdoor area 24 hours a day.
Noticing A Need
Nearly 50 years ago, Sue Henninger, an animal advocate and military wife, noticed a sad trend in her Coastal Virginia military community. When military families were given new orders and had to relocate, they often couldn’t bring their furry family members with them. The only option at the time was to surrender their pets to a kill shelter.
Sue knew she couldn’t stand idly by and watch this happen. To avoid these animals being surrendered to a kill shelter, Sue offered to take in and care for these animals until they could be rehomed with loving families. That’s when Animal Aid Society was founded.
In its nearly 50 years of operation, with the generous support of their community and the tireless efforts of volunteers, AAS has transformed from a home-based, one-woman effort to a 41 kennel facility located on 7 acres of land with over 100 volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.