5 people are interested
Help Build a Circle of Support Through Friendship
5 people are interested
Allies work directly with Circles participants, who are called "Circle Leaders" After both groups receive training, two Allies are matched with every Circle Leader. These intentional friendships are the foundation of the Circles model. Circle Leaders set their own goals. As an Ally, your job is to listen, ask questions, and make suggestions. You will help the Circle Leaders use their unique gifts and skills to reach their goals, and Circle Leaders will help YOU better understand your community and the needs that exist. Allies are expected to stay in touch with the Circle Leaders at least weekly and to attend 3-4 Circles weekly meetings/ month (currently via Zoom) . We will have a new group of Circle Leaders ready for Allies early this summer and are looking for volunteers now to train for this opportunity
06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Weekly Wednesday Meetings from 6:00-8:00pm
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About BRIDGES ALLIANCE OF JOHNSON COUNTY INC
P.O. Box 147, Whiteland, IN 46184, US
Our mission is a community collaboration to end poverty by providing proven tools, resources, support, and relationships to foster stability and independence.
In 2016, seeing a need for a solution to give individuals the tools and network we all need to live a sustainable life style, we formed our organization to provide sensible solutions to those in poverty. Educating others about poverty determined key in making systemic changes to our community.
- 60% of individuals in our program have become employed or obtained better jobs.
- 50% have gotten housing or improved their living situation.
- 20% have increased their level of education.
- 20% have spoken in public forums about their situations.
We've touched over 350 individuals through training, allies, volunteers, poverty simulations and awareness presentations. This is evidence that our program is making a difference in peoples' lives and in our community.
1300 E. Adams DriveFranklin, IN 46131
August 16, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Attend weekly Circles Community meetings--virtually, during COVID-- from 6:00-8:00pm on Wednesday evenings. Connect weekly with your Ally outside of Circles meetings--send a text, make a phone call, go for a walk with your matched pair, go to lunch.
- Complete free online Ally training course through Circles USA.