Adult Learning Tutor
Mesa County Libraries
Position Purpose: To provide literacy tutoring and support of adult learners in small group or one-on-one sessions. Help learners develop reading, writing and speaking skills to meet goals. Tutors may also support GED (math, science, language arts, social studies) or citizenship testing preparation.
Supervisor: Adult Learning Coordinator
Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, Tasks (what must be completed to achieve the goals):
- Conduct learning sessions that engage the students and improve skills to reach goals.
- Utilize the methods and teaching techniques demonstrated in the training.
- Seek assistance from the Adult Learning Center staff and/or other tutors when needed.
- Submit reports on hours of service by the 5 th of each month
- Notify Adult Learning Staff immediately if you stop meeting with your learners or they stop attending sessions.
Qualifications (minimum experience, skills, education, knowledge):
- Excellent command of English language, both written and oral.
- Competent in reading, writing, and/or math.
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- Excellent communication skills including listening.
- Ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of learner’s situation, needs and goals.
- Good organizational skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
About Mesa County Libraries
443 North 6th Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501, US
Mesa County Libraries enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create, and connect.