Corporate Research Specialist
RANDOM ACTS INC
The Corporate Research Specialist will support the development program with a focus on
corporation giving. The fundraising program’s growth will provide natural opportunities to
build and cultivate sponsors for the organization. The position will assist by doing in depth
research on potential corporate sponsors that closely in line with RA’s mission statement.
Additionally, they will work in conjunction with the Development team to create the best
strategy for each company given their philanthropic mission.
● Responsible for researching and recommending corporations for potential relationships
with Random Acts.
● Identifies potential of new corporate/external organizations to support Random Acts
initiatives such as Business Heroes and Class Act.
● In collaboration with the Corporate Relations Manager, Fundraising Manager and Director
of Programming, develop and implement the corporate sponsorship research criteria based
on Random Acts’ mission.
● Providing the assessment, valuation and packaging of potential corporate sponsorship
sponsors for Random Acts.
● Maintain a solid understanding of Random Acts, its programs and initiatives, history and
● Other duties as assigned
● Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Desired Skills / Experience
● B.A./B.S. and four to six years in research
● Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly
growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
● Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple
projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Significant prospect research
● Essential to have intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the Random Acts mission.
This position reports directly to the Corporate Relations Manager and will work with the Executive
Team as appropriate. The Corporate Research Specialist is a part-time, volunteer role.
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.