InsightHeart Foundation is a newly non profit organization and we have representatives in the following Cities: Toronto, Scarborough, Sudbury, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Saskatchewan, still looking for ways to reach more community , we are looking for a Volunteer Grants Coordinator. The primary goal of this position is to secure funding for social services programs at InsightHeart Foundation.
- Helping kids/families in the low-income community with school backpacks.
- Provide clothing to the homeless such as jackets, socks, Mitten boots, water bottles etc during summer and winter season.
- Provide free transportation for seniors/ Cancer Patient medical appointments and grocery shopping
InsightHeart Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Volunteers to assist in applying for Grants, Fundraising, & Sponsorships for our non-profit organization with Companies, Governmental institutions, Corporations List of Grants publications, Trusts and statutory bodies and supporters. The volunteer will report directly to the Founder and the already existing team in place. Must be able to make a 5-6 flexible hours a week commitment towards the cause and a online weekly meeting.Responsibilities:
- Actively seek new funders in the foundation, corporate and government sectors;
- Develop funding proposal content with InsightHeart staff; write proposals - Coordinate reporting on grants and donations to funders - Create and maintain an up to date fundraising calendar that tracks proposal deadlines, reporting deadlines and other information relevant to institutional funders; - Assist with the development and stewardship of strategic corporate and foundation partners; - Establish and maintain relationships with the corporate and foundation sector as appropriate; - Identified and contact Agencies, Corporations or Governmental Organizations for fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies - Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations - Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database - Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as a charity of the year partnership) and are kept informed of progress and milestones - Strategize & organize fundraising campaigns, events and online exposures. - Manage the application and follow up to ensure that targets are met. - Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness plan and suggestions for the good of the organization’s work - Find and contact Companies and NGO for their contributions. Skills and qualifications: - Information research and analysis skills preferred - Knowledge of and experience with the grant-writing process preferred - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Minimum hours: 10 hours per week
How to Apply / Contact
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Hakeem Naphew Phone:437-917-9111 Volunteers@insightheart.ca