DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Girls Who Code Club Facilitator
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Prepare our students for the future workforce. Volunteer with our new Girls Who Code Club at Play Like a Girl!
Computing skills are the most sought-after in the US job market, with demand growing 3X the national average. Computing is where the jobs are - and where they will be in the future - but girls across the US are being left behind. Today, less than a quarter of computing jobs are held by women, and that number is declining.
You can help reverse the decline. Girls Who Code Clubs inspire, educate, and equip our girls for tomorrow’s computing jobs. Help us bring FREE Girls Who Code Clubs to our community by volunteering as a Clubs Facilitator. Applications for Spring 2021 are open now.
Clubs are FREE after-school programs for 6-12th grade girls to use computer science to impact their community and join our sisterhood of supportive peers and role models.
Clubs are led by Facilitators, who can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, or volunteers from any background or field. Many Facilitators have NO technical experience and learn to code alongside their Club members.
Applynow to be a Facilitator!
To Facilitate a Club, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a criminal background check
- Commit 3-4 volunteer hours per week, including prep time and travel (from your bed to your laptop for now!).
- Be comfortable learning alongside Club girls as they explore the foundational computer science concepts of variables, loops, conditionals and functions. The curriculum is designed so that anyone can facilitate a Club; no computer science experience is needed! In fact, many Facilitators have NO technical background.
- Have a passion for Play Like a Girl X Girls Who Code’s shared commitment to close the gender gap in technology and the ability to foster community within your Girls Who Code Club.
All materials from Girls Who Code are provided for FREE to the Club Facilitator, including:
- 120+ hours of curriculum, activity sets, and an online learning management system
- Recruitment materials, including student and volunteer flyers
- Program management support, including field trip and grant opportunities
- Facilitator trainings, resources and real-time support
Join the movement today! Apply at iplaylikeagirl.org/jobs
About Play Like a Girl!®
4117 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 103-129, Nashville, TN 37215, US
Play Like a Girl! is a 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to equality and economic opportunity for girls. We envision a world where all girls have the opportunity to realize their full potential. We are on a bold mission to level the playing field by leveraging sport to build a diverse pipeline of young women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers. To accomplish this, we deliver a cost-effective and innovative experience that goes beyond the playing field to build confidence and inspire leadership in girls during the critical middle school years. Governed by a 13-member volunteer Board of Directors, Play Like a Girl directly benefits more than 1,250 girls and women through year-round programs and events. Our multi-year program model harnesses the collective power of collegiate and professional women to coach and mentor girls, helping them develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Play Like a Girl! is a hip, innovative and inspiring resource for girls’ health, powered by a creative online network, targeted community outreach and live events. We are committed to educating girls, but play is at the center of everything we do. With a decade of experience, our charitable brand is now a leading provider of evidence-based prevention programs tackling childhood obesity. Our volunteer staff works side by side with our girls to inspire them to live a happier, healthier and more active lifestyle by promoting sport and physical activity as a path to lifelong success.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2021