5 people are interested
Early Learning Specialist - Volunteer Leader
5 people are interested
Do you love working with kids and families - but want to do so safely?
This Volunteer Leader will be an Early Learning Specialist for the Parent Child + Program. They will be working directly with families in the Tampa Bay area.
- Complete 16 hours of initial training
- Meet with families for one hour, once a week, for 23 weeks (minimum)
- Attend monthly staff meeting (2 hours)
- Complete home visit records after each visit
- 18 years or older
- Must pass background check
- Loves working with toddlers and families
- Must be able to model teaching behaviors for parent and provide positive reinforcements to parent/care giver and child
- Able to sit in front of computer for one hour
- Spanish or Creole/Bilingual preferred but not required
- Preferred work experience with children
About Metropolitan Ministries
120 E Ross Ave, Tampa, FL 33602, US
To care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in our community through services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity, and instill self-sufficiency...as an expression of the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ.
For over 40 years, Metropolitan Ministries has served poor and homeless men, women, and children in the Tampa Bay region. The Ministries has gone from a single room food pantry, to one of America's most effective and innovative caregivers. Serving 100-150 families daily through Outreach and Prevention Services, the Ministries remains committed to breaking the cycle of poverty...today, tomorrow and always. The facilities include Uplift U residential housing, a residence day care, an elementary school, adult training opportunities, a full-service kitchen that prepares 2,200 meals per day 7 days a week, and a thrift store to provide clothing for those in need and to the general public. Metropolitan Ministries also manages Compassion + Action, a collaborative that mobilizes partnerships across four counties to meet the growing need in local neighborhoods and transform the lives of families in crisis.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 1, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Family Therapy
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for 23 weeks minimum
- 18 years older, passed background check, able to use virtual meeting software, sit at a computer, attend monthly staff meeting for 2 hours,