Procurement & Logistics Manager (Remote)
African Development Choices
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Procurement & Logistics Manager who will remotely oversee the management of an effective procurement plan for projects designed to cut procurement expenses so that the organisation can invest more inprojects.Reporting to the Head of Program Design, you will work closely with the project leadership team to facilitate program deliverables by ensuring required supplies of goods and service needs for project activities are mobilised efficiently and in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you should haveexperience in the full spectrum of purchasing process including supplier selection and management, price negotiation, purchase order execution, timely delivery, and stock optimization.
- Plan, source and manage the delivery of all goods and services for projects
- Implement effective internal control and procurement management system for projects
- Nurture relationshipswith suppliers and contractors in order to negotiate and obtain quality products at competitive prices in a timely fashion
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements
- Ensures that the prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices
- Experience as a Procurement & Logistics Manager
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques and systems
- Ability to ensure effective execution of the sourcing strategy and value chain optimisation
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Free learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world, that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.