2 people are interested
Charity Status Task Force
2 people are interested
We are a non-profit organisation from the UK. All of our roles are entirely virtual and therefore roles are not limited to UK applicants. Our goal is to improve education for disadvantaged children and to increase the representation of BAME cultures in education.
About the Role
We are seeking volunteers who can assist us with applying for our charity status. We currently operate as a social enterprise which is limited by guarantee. As our organisation is constantly growing, the benefits associated with being a charity can help us further our social aims and allow us to work with more organisations in the future.
Skills You Will Need
- Experience in writing bid funds, proposals or willingness to learn.
- Strong level of organisation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under time-pressure and meet deadlines.
What You Will Gain
- Experience working for a fast paced social enterprise.
- Experience in professional writing.
- Opportunity to enhance your CV.
- Transferable skills.
- Contribution to a small social enterprise that aims to improve the education of disadvantaged children and increase visibility of BAME cultures in education.
Training and Support
- You will be given induction training.
- You will be supervised throughout your volunteering experience.
- You will be given feedback and coaching.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
As an organisation we are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace in which all volunteers feel accepted, appreciated and supported. We value diversity and welcome all people to volunteer with us regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability and socio-economic status. We will not stand for prejudice and discrimination of any kind.
About Beards & Books
Hallam i-Labs, Sheffield, S1 2GB, GB
One of Beard’s & Book’s key social aims is to increase the representation of BAME communities in education through the use of multicultural books from its vast pop-up library, as well as several services including storytime events; a mentoring; a tuition service with a high proportion of BAME tutors; producing online educational content; book subscription boxes which we sell to the public. Our endeavours seek to encourage children to gain a deeper understanding of the diverse range of cultures that make up modern-day British society, in particular the BAME community.
Beards & Books is an educational programme designed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of children across the U.K. The organisation has expanded its curriculum over time to teach children about positive life skills with the hope of moulding students into confident, informed citizens. Currently, our curriculum covers important topics such as healthy nutrition, critical thought, and culinary skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Reading / Writing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- 2 - 4 hours per week