This volunteer role is ideal for professional adults with availability and looking for ways to give back, use their skills and experience. We need 5 committee members. College students looking for experience or community service hours are highly encouraged to apply. We encourage you to take action and sign up to be a Committee Member if you are interested. Please email Angela Johnson at email@example.com using "Committee Member Interest" in the Subject Line of your email. Qualities & skills we're looking for:
Must have a genuine interest or experience in fundraising.
Grant writing/grant proposal experience is highly preferred but not required.
Have a strong social media presence and influence is preferred but not required.
Must be creative, deadline-driven, able to take initiative, and dedicative with a team player attitude.
Must be professional, with a good communication and time management skills.
Must share a common interest with Olive Tree Tutoring’s mission and represent the organization with pride.
Be comfortable with visual marketing if needed.
Attend committee or Board meetings and events when needed.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Assist the Committee Lead with planning fundraiser events, research and/or completing grant applications/grant proposals, and email communications (if need be).
- Have creative ideas and ability to organize fundraiser events to raise funds.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders, and implement strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Identify potential donors and businesses who could potentially provide resources, sponsor opportunities, in-kind support, or money.
- Collectively work to complete and submit grant proposals and applications. - Work collectively as a team as required to plan, execute, host and facilitate fundraising events. - Work closely with the Board Treasurer to ensure that processes are in place for donor recognition, and record keeping is accurate by source of income and donor. - Meet monthly as planned or required. - Determine Board fundraising expectations and goals; provide guidance for Board members on meeting fundraising goals; and track progress toward fundraising goals. - Maintain records of donors, where contacts have been made to avoid duplication of effort.
- Attend committee or Board meetings and events if needed.
Our mission is to change the outlook of tutoring by using a holistic approach. We focus on the student as a whole in their environment to mold them into being well rounded as they pursue their life's destiny. We are a results-oriented organization that assures our students are learning and reaching their goals. Funding will help increase and accelerate our various programs and goals.
Our mission is to serve thriving students & the general public at large using a tailored tutor-mentorship approach as they pursue life. To foster a sense of belonging and a strong circle of support, our tutors use the principles of love and care with our students.
Our goal with Olive Tree Tutoring is to use a non-traditional teaching model that helps students grow at their own pace. Our youth are the future. We believe they deserve to have amazing people in their lives that can help them grow and prosper. Whether our students need academic or personal help, we’re here to answer that calling!
We offer 2 different programs - one of which has 3-tiers. Our first program is Tutoring - We help grades K-12, College Students, and ESL learners (ages 5 and up). Subjects covered: K-12 Math, Science, English, Social Studies, History, Reading / Phonics, and Essay Writing.
Our second service consists of our 3 tier mentorship programs: Therapeutic Mentoring, S.T.E.A.D.Y Athletic Training, and Career Readiness for Entrepreneurs.
Our mentorship programs are here to help students in need of guidance and stimulation. In order for one to feel valued and be inspired to improve their quality of life, they need positive reinforcement, an inclusive environment that provides outlets they enjoy for mental and emotional support.
Our 3-Tier Mentor-ship program is what makes us a non-traditional tutoring organization. We are most proud of our model because it allows us to avoid the revolving door sales approach so that our students can be molded into becoming the best version of themselves!
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 11, 2021
Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Grant Writing / Research
Orientation or Training
You make your own schedule.
Our organization serves youth and children. Background check may be required.