30 people are interested
Interested in becoming a mentor?
30 people are interested
Rite of Passage, The Embracing Project is looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who are interested in volunteering their time and skills to help us in our mission. We would like to match the applicants with the positions available. There are several positions available such as admin volunteer, group facilitator, angel mentor, and outreach support volunteer.
- As an Angel mentor, you will be working one-on-one with youth ages 12-18 who have been victims and survivors of sexual assault, sexual abuse, molestation, stalking, intimate partner violence.
- As a facilitator, you will be facilitating groups of 5-8 participants who are presenting negative behaviors. It is a 12-week group program that meets on Saturdays.
- The admin position does not include any client interaction. The responsibilities are related to data, research, administrative, and office tasks.
- The outreach volunteer might be required to assist in community outreach, fundraisers, and social media activities.
Each position requires the completion of organizational training and learning the curriculum used in all settings. The positions that involve client interaction will begin the volunteer process by shadowing other staff members prior to stepping into the position.
Once you complete the application, someone will reach out to you with the volunteer application that must be completed and sent back along with your resume. Upon submission, you'll be given a virtual interview opportunity.
Refer to our website for the application form: https://theembracingproject.org/volunteer/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rite of Passage, The Embracing Project
800 E Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104, US
The Embracing Project (TEP) is a Rite of Passage program advocating peace and healing for youth survivors of violence, sexual exploitation, and trafficking, through the development of specialized programs, trauma-informed care, and unconditional support.
Providing Mentorship, Educational, Leadership, Prevention Programs, Life Skills Training, and Support Mechanisms to help young girls between the ages of 12 and 18, particularly those in underserved and distressed communities, to become more productive citizens and women of excellence and integrity.
The program has two components:
-Girls Circle is a 12-weeks informal session led by trained facilitators, who teach an evidence-based curriculum. The sessions work to correct negative behavior and focus on self-esteem, body image, substance abuse prevention, anger management, STD and teen pregnancy prevention, runaway prevention, teen homelessness, partner abuse, violence, bullying, staying and excelling in school, career development, dress for success, etiquette training, and financial literacy.
-Angel Mentoring is committed to mentoring girls who have been identified as victims of sexual assault, sexual abuse, human trafficking, and domestic violence. The Angel program addresses mentees' developmental, social, and emotional needs through strengths-based programming. Angel mentors provide basic skills and psychosocial services to reduce cognitive and behavioral impairments to restore recipients to their highest level of functioning. Services help recipients acquire constructive cognitive and behavioral skills through positive reinforcement, modeling, operant conditioning, and other techniques.
800 E Charleston BlvdLas VegasLas Vegas, NV 89104
September 23, 2021
- Youth Services
- Mental Health
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Angel Mentors: 5-8 hours per week; Group facilitators: 3-6 hours per week; Admin: 2-4 hours per week; Outreach: 10-15 hours per month.
- 1-time Donation of $50 High School Diploma/GED Drug screening Reliable Transportation + Insurance At least 1-year commitment for Angel Mentors and Group Facilitators