16 people are interested
Online English tutor (Bilingual: Spanish speaking)
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Cotuto is an EdTech non-profit organization which provides a platform to create an equal access to educational opportunities. Unlike many traditional educational support services who charge students at a premium, our objective is to make educational support more accessible than ever before. With our platform we enable students to virtually connect with a tutor or mentor entirely free of charge.
Together with our mentors and tutors we aspire to bring the inner potential of our students globally to the surface. By employing our tutoring and mentoring programs, we believe that we can enable our students to find the same opportunities in the educational system regardless of their economic backgrounds. Our vision is to create accessible educational opportunities all around the world. We strive to realize our vision by investing in:
- Quality education (UN Sustainability Development Goal 4)
- Establishing global partnerships (UN Sustainability Development Goal 17).
In expanding our global impact we have partnered with Kruger school to support students from disadvantaged areas in Ecuador. Our aim is to prepare these students to become role models for other students from the same areas in Ecuador. As an online English tutor you will tutor and assist these students in their English learning journey. By guiding the student in their English learning journey, you broaden their future opportunities on a local and international level.
As an online tutor, you encourage, assist and assess students in their learning process. By asking insightful questions and providing clear explanations you make other students actively reflect and understand the studied material. Our tutors guide students in online one-to-one tutoring sessions and are provided with an opportunity to further develop their teaching abilities and skills. By adopting a student-centred approach in our tutoring program, the tutor develops a higher level of awareness with regards to their teaching style, student-specific areas of improvement and success factors in a tutor-tutee relationship. Upon successful completion of this online tutor volunteering program, the tutor can receive a certificate of completion issued by Cotuto and Kruger School.
Skill Requirements & Qualifications
- You are a native or near-native Spanish speaker
- You have a firm understanding of the English language and demonstrated previous accomplishment in the language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and clearly guide the student in their learning journey.
- Affinity with teaching and experience with guiding, motivating and encouraging students to improve their language learning skills using goal-setting strategies.
- Maintaining an internal locus of control and possessing the ability to tailor and personalize teaching strategies based on the learning style of the student.
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience.
students in their educational journey? Sign up for this opportunity and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Boelelaan, 1105, Amsterdam, NH 1081HV, NL
Cotuto makes educational support more accessible for students. Instead of charging students at premium, students can use the platform of Cotuto entirely free of charge. In doing so, we make finding and becoming a tutor and mentor more flexible than ever before.
Cotuto started as a student initiative to adress the increasing study pressure and burnout rate under students. In guiding and helping students to get the best out of their educational journey, we find that it is essential to make online educational support more flexible and accessible. In doing so, we create an environment whereby students of all ages are able to more easily reap the benefits from shared knowledge and experience.
Unlike traditional tutoring services, we aspire to make educational support more accessible by bringing tutors and students together. Instead of charging students at premium, students can use the platform of Cotuto entirely free of charge. In doing so, we make finding and becoming a tutor more flexible than ever before. Together with our mentors and tutors Cotuto aspires to bring the inner potential of our students to the surface.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 30, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Orientation or Training
- We expect a weekly commitment of 2-3 tutoring sessions per week for a duration of 2 months.
- (*) Must be at least 18. (*) You are a native or near-native Spanish speaker. (*) You have a firm understanding of the English language and demonstrated previous accomplishment in the language.