12 people are interested
Volunteer Graphic Artist
12 people are interested
Boundless Brillilance is a Los Angeles County based 501c3 nonprofit, and our mission is "to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields". We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live. We do this by creating a fun and interactive STEM-based curriculum that college interns take into underserved neighborhood schools.
Our Programs:Boundless Brilliance’s core programming is our empowering school-based workshops which are conducted as 45 minute presentations, and provided at no cost. These programs include hands-on STEM experiments and empowerment activities. Our other programmatic activities involve community outreach and education, and are carried out through partnerships with other nonprofits, schools, museums, and more.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE BASED IN THE UNITED STATES.
What We Are Seeking: We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer that is passionate about education, equity in STEM, and girls/women’s empowerment. Someone who recognizes the urgency to combat the Feminization of Poverty through the provision of quality education, particularly accessible and includes STEM education.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Helping to create engaging graphics for Boundless Brilliance’s communications
- Helping us create "sticky" images that best convey our mission and tell our story.
- Create infographics using our data, external data and research, and other sources to help to drive home our message, mission, and the need for the work that we carry out.
- Create graphics, including those used for our BB brand, that can be utilized for fundraising and help to sustain the organization.
- Collaborating with Boundless Brilliance’s Executive staff, Board of Directors, and Advisory Council.
- Previous experience working in graphic design.
- Passionate about STEM, education, girl’s/women’s empowerment, and providing resources to undeserved communities.
Remote work possible
If interested please contact us at email@example.com
About BOUNDLESS BRILLIANCE
15701 SHERMAN WAY UNIT 8079, VAN NUYS, CA 91409, US
The mission of Boundless Brilliance is to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields.
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles County based 501c3 nonprofit which launched in 2017 and now boasts over 130 volunteers. The organization was founded on a simple, powerful idea: STEM is for everyone. We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
We utilize a unique approach to carry out our mission, which includes empowerment messages and early intervention - targeting students as early as 6 years old, with school-based classroom presentations and no-cost community events that help to ensure that hands on immersion in STEM is accessible to all.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Visual Arts
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Up to 5 hours a month
- Experience creating infographics, social media badges, or product designs would be extremely valuable .