Adoption Counselor Training
SPCA of SW Michigan
The SPCA of Southwest Michigan is looking for people to train as volunteer adoption counselors.
Adoption Counselors help the office staff in the office in 2-3 hour shifts. We have adoption counselors in the office (during COIVD):
Monday - Friday 11am - 6pm
Saturday 11am - 3:30pm
Training is a 45 minute session with the SPCA volunteer coordinator. You will get a shelter tour and an orientation how to do adoptions and greet the public. After being trained, adoption counselors sign-up for their shifts online.
Adoption Counselor Duties:
* Greet the Public
* Show the public to our dog kennel and cat city
* Introduce the public to dogs and cats
* Adopt out dogs and cats
* Show the public where to leave donations and offer them a donation receipt
* Put away donated supplies
* Answering phones
* Making follow-up adoption calls- then file the records
* Print and put together adoption folders
* Put together cat and dog adoption goodie bags
* Laminate and trim flyers, badges, etc...
* Fill envelopes
* Office projects
* General office work
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SPCA of SW Michigan
6955 West KL Ave, Kalamzoo, MI 49009, US
The SPCA of Southwest Michigan is a no-kill shelter, dedicated to working for the well-being of animals and creating an adoption-focused community in Southwest Michigan. Our goal is to end senseless animal euthanasia in SW Michigan, and provide all animals with a loving, caring home.
What we do:
Rescue and adoption of homeless animals.