Event Planning Intern
Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit
The event planning intern is the role that assists in planning and creating the entire physical experience of BITSS. This role under the Programming Director has a focus on creating an environment that is normalizing of TS, at the same time as safely stretching participant comfort zones, and exposing them to new things.
- Researching housing options for the program, to be sent to the Programming Director to review.
- Brain storming and researching activities for participants, in collaboration with the programming director.
- Assisting in creating program calendar, ensuring time for travel, meds, 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and three meals a day with the occasional moment for snacks, and good times for staff to do rotations for breaks
- Securing the access to spaces for on-campus activities, meals, tickets or other entry requirements for off-campu
- Making a rough list of all materials needed for the week for activities are listed in a document, in collaboration with the Programming Director.
About Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit
PO BOX 135, MANSFIELD, MA 02048, US
Bringing young women with Turner syndrome together for fun, enriching experiences that foster independence and community.
The Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit (BITSS) is a non-profit organization that was founded to create a fulfilling, safe, and fun summer experience for young women with Turner syndrome between the ages of 12 and 19. Our goal is to help our attendees forge new memories, friendships, and skills with other teens with TS from around the globe.
BITSS is committed to creating an environment that promotes independence and community. We are dedicated to making our summit an enriching place for our attendees, as well as taking measures to keep parents informed while their daughters are away.
BITSS hopes to start an international community to augment national and regional organizations. We provide an opportunity to meet other young women with TS from different backgrounds, countries, and continents.