5 people are interested
5 people are interested
If you have a passion for caring for others and are looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. Compassionate Care Hospice gives patients who are facing a life-limiting illness the freedom to live ALL the days of their lives by offering comfort, dignity and quality of life. As a hospice volunteer and an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, their families and their caregivers.
Activities with patients:
- Offering companionship
- Knitting, scrapbooking and other craft projects
- Providing support at time of death
- Reading books, letters, emails
- Veteran to veteran visits
- Providing pet therapy
- Providing respite for caregivers
- Making spiritual prayer calls
- Attending funerals
- Participating in memorial services
- Making weekly "tuck-in calls"
- Making bereavement phone calls or visits
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering phones
- Providing help with bereavement mailings
- Attending local community service and health fairs
- Creating Chart-a-life posters
Professional Volunteers, using your talents:
- Massage/Reiki/and other alternative therapies
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Creating and delivering seasonal gifts
- Sending birthday cards
** Due to covid-19 restrictions, some of the direct care with patients have been put on hold. And at all times with patients and in the Compassionate Care office, covid-19 policy and procedures are always followed. This includes washing hands, wearing masks, social distancing and daily self- assessment reporting. **
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Compassionate Care Hospice an Amedisys Co.
5417 Jackson Street, Suite B, Alexandria, LA 71303, US
We honor those we serve with compassionate home health, hospice, and personal care services that apply the highest quality clinical practices toward allowing our patients to maintain a sense of independence, quality of life and dignity.
Our Vision: We will lead the future of healthcare in the home- establishing ourselves as the premier choice for those requiring care and allowing our patients to age in place wherever they call home.
Our Core Values: Service, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Talent
5417 Jackson StreetSuite BAlexandria, LA 71303
August 17, 2021
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dependent on Volunteer