8 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Compassionate Care Hospice an Amedisys Co.
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
If you have a passion for caring for others and are looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. As a hospice volunteer and an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, their families and their caregivers.
Currently looking for volunteers for:
- Offering companionship
- Scrapbooking, arts and crafts
- Making weekly telephone calls
- Veteran to Veteran visits
- Help by grocery shopping, running errands for patients
- Call bingo at our local senior facilities
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering phones
- Providing help with bereavement mailings
- Attending local community service and health fairs
- Creating Chart-a-life posters, grief journals
Professional Volunteers, using your talents:
- Massage/Reiki/and other alternative therapies
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Videographer, Photographer
- Crafting and delivering seasonal gifts to patients
- Sending birthday cards
- Delivering birthday balloons, card and cupcake
** Due to covid-19 restrictions, some of the direct care with patients have been put on hold. And at all times with patients and in the Compassionate Care office, covid-19 policy and procedures are always followed. This includes washing hands, wearing masks, social distancing and daily self- assessment reporting. **
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Compassionate Care Hospice an Amedisys Co.
5417 Jackson Street, Suite B, Alexandria, LA 71303, US
We honor those we serve with compassionate home health, hospice, and personal care services that apply the highest quality clinical practices toward allowing our patients to maintain a sense of independence, quality of life and dignity.
Amedisys is a leading provider of home healthcare and hospice services, focused on providing professional and personalized care for each and every patient in the comfort of his or her home. Our patients are the number one reason we are here and our commitment is to care for you or your loved ones as we would our own.
A hospice volunteer is a special part of the hospice team. If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the terminally ill or those who are grieving by giving of your time to assist a patient, family member, or our office staff, then you have the qualities we're looking for in our volunteers. Volunteering includes making scrap books, blankets, cards, treats, reading, writing, visiting, and much much more.
New hospice volunteers participate in free training that provides information regarding the hospice philosophy of care.
5417 Jackson StreetSuite BAlexandria, LA 71303
September 20, 2022
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer hours are totally up to the volunteer. We work with however many hours you would like to volunteer.
- Currently looking for volunteers for Veteran Volunteers, patient visits, calling bingo, grocery shopping for patients, photographer, doing holiday crafts!