Social Media Manager
Are you a passionate, accomplished and creative social media expert who wants to make a difference in the world? Bring your enthusiasm and talent to ROCKBlue (rockblue.org), an international non-profit with a global team of change makers working to bring sustainable clean water and sanitation to urban areas in developing countries - now in sub-Saharan Africa and later in Asia and Latin America. As our social media manager, you will help us to develop and optimize engaging content and grow our social following as we tackle the global water crisis by expanding our impact this year from reaching over 5 million people in 5 countries to more than 30 million in 7 countries.
How you’ll help
Assist with the development of a social media calendar to create brand awareness, boost engagement and drive website traffic across channels.
- Managing posting, sharing, response and engagement on all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube) to create a positive brand experience.
- Monitoring social media daily for insight, action, questions, comments, brand mentions, news, trending topics, and thought leadership opportunities.
- Support the digital marketing team in the development and deployment of content supporting fundraising, seasonal, event-specific and international-focused campaigns.
- Identify and develop relationships with water, sanitation and international development authorities, influencers and user-groups to support brand advocacy, content creation and community engagement.
- Collaborate with the CMO and writers to transform our followers’ likes, shares, and comments into insights that can make a difference in people’s lives.
2+ years of social media marketing experience (preferably in a nonprofit or media organization).
- Strong social media writing skills, with the ability to write social copy using a brand voice in a platform-specific style.
- A grasp of (or interest in learning more about) the fields of education, e-learning, and international development.
- A deep passion for an understanding of the social media universe with enthusiasm for learning and staying ahead of the curve on social media strategy and technological innovations.
- Solid working knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Insights, and LinkedIn Page Analytics.
- Experience using Microsoft O365 and G Suite (Hootsuite a plus).
- Strong sense of good judgement, decorum and brand appropriateness.
- Knowledge of or interest in learning more about water and sanitation, humanitarian assistance and/or international development issues.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
- Experience working in a start-up non-profit, company or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 6 hours a week for at least 6 months.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by supplying water and sanitation for all. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.