READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE PRESSING THE "I WANT TO HELP BUTTON"
We are a not-for-profit social media community at breakdiving.io with one mission: helping our members worldwide find happiness, success, and friendship.
NUMBER ONE: We only bring those on board who first recognize that he/she loves our mission, and the concept of what we are trying to do. Please only apply after you first visit our two main websites: breakdiving.io and breakdiving.org and after understanding our mission.
We are a diverse team of volunteers, all of whom do coding, marketing, and finance work for the company. If you are only interested in doing one thing, and only that, we are not the opportunity for you. If you are only interested in getting 'experience' and your reasons for applying are more about you instead of being about wanting to help others, we are not the opportunity for you.
However, if you love the idea of truly helping others, learning how to become a better coder/marketer/financier, helping us build and maintain the community (and other websites), and also helping out with marketing and finance issues, you will fit in great here.
In other words, while we each have our specialties, we all chip in with coding, marketing, and finance jobs.
MARKETING: We use google ads extensively ($10,000/month stipend), host two different blogs (breakdiving.blog and wyseguidance.org), have a number of social media accounts (twitter.com/breakdiving and youtube.com/breakdiving, among others), and are actively working weekly to improve SEO, new member applications, and media mentions.
FINANCE: We are a not for profit, and must annually post our 990. We use Wave Accounting for our weekly bookkeeping. We have an endowment that is slowly growing, plus a scholarship fund, emergency fund, and an operations fund.
Everyone on the team helps out to some degree in all departments. No one 'just' codes, 'just' does marketing, or 'just' does finance. However, some end up focusing on one particular area.
Thanks very much for your interest. Those who are picked usually join and participate in our community at breakdiving.io while also applying to join the staff.
STEPS TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM:
1. RESEARCH THE COMPANY: Visit BreakDiving.io and BreakDiving.org to be sure you understand our company and mission.
2. LEARN ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS: Visit breakdiving.io/vopportunities and read through it all. We have four tiers of volunteers: Staff Volunteer, Senior Volunteer, Junior Volunteer, and Task Volunteer. Every new volunteer, regardless of experience, starts as a task volunteer, and the initial commitment is not overwhelming.
3. JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AT BREAKDIVING.IO (it's free). Why must you join first? Our community is our primary means through which we fulfill our mission. All of our staff members enjoy being a member of our community.
4. CLICK THE "I WANT TO HELP BUTTON" AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS: Please make sure you read and answer the questions here on volunteer match.
5. START VOLUNTEERING ON AN INFORMAL BASIS: Once accepted in the community, come talk to us in the "Vopportunities" chatroom and we will provide more instructions. You can easily find this chatroom from the main chatrooms page on breakdiving.io, or just copy this link: breakdiving.io/chatrooms/51 (Note: you must be logged in)
BOTTOM LINE: SIMPLY PROVE THAT YOU'RE WORTH OF JOINING THE TEAM! We take on anyone who shows 100% love for our mission, and a high likelihood of fitting in on our team. We hope that's you!