Graphic Design/Illustration Internship
ROBOTICS FOR ALL
Publicity Interns are specialized Business Development Interns, who are specifically dedicated to helping the publicity team. These volunteers are super important to our organization, as they increase the professionalism and personality of our whole organization with their talents. You may apply in one of two categories: Graphic Design (Puts graphics together into finished products like Instagram posts, flyers, and much more), and Illustrators (Makes new graphics). Please only apply if you are skilled in one of the two above categories. They also may complete Business Development Intern tasks .
To submit an application, please navigate to https://www.roboticsforall.net/publicity-internship.html
You are not required to know how to do all of these tasks, but you must be able to do at least one specific task.
- Illustrate custom graphics for Robotics for All’s website and graphic design team
- Proficient in graphic design. Create various assemblies of graphics including things like flyers, social media posts, and more
- Crafting short stories and videos for Robotics for All
- Build connections with corporate companies and organizations to form partnerships, host events and more.
- Other various Business Development Internship tasks
- The minimum time commitment for this position is 3 hours per week, for one month
- The total time commitment varies depending on which tasks you take and time of year
- Interns are expected to attend bimonthly meetings
- This is an unpaid position. Due to that, we can offer community service hours
- Interning with Robotics for All looks great on any resume, whether applying for a future internship, job, or college
- Potential future leadership opportunities (Robotics for All board, etc.) may be offered.
- Experience the satisfaction of improving your local community.
- Earn a recommendation letter from one of Robotics for All's leadership members.
- 9th grade or above (exceptions may be made, on occasion, for 8th graders with a volunteering background)
- Consistent access to a computer and stable WiFi
- Have skills in one of the following categories:
- Illustration (Creating Graphics)
- Graphic Design (Putting graphics together)
- Strong communication skills
- Good at working with teams
- Strong work ethic and responsibility
- Well organized
About ROBOTICS FOR ALL
4205 SUZANNE DR, PALO ALTO, CA 94306, US
Mission: Robotics for All aims to inspire the next generation of students and volunteers to achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. Robotics for All strives to provide equitable educational opportunities to students of all backgrounds, particularly low income and under-represented students, with an emphasis on teaching the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). The goal is to reduce the opportunity gap, allowing students to gain beneficial skills for the rest of their academic and professional careers. We believe that it is important for students to have access to a quality STEM education, regardless of socio-economic status.
Founded in April 2017 and officially incorporated in July 2018, Robotics for All aims to bridge close the opportunity gap by providing equitable educational opportunities to students of all backgrounds, particularly underrepresented and underserved students. Our organization previously only provided in-person classes. In July 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we transitioned our program to an online setting and experienced breakneck growth. In just 5 months, we taught the same number of students as we did in our first 3 years of operations. Our current online classes are for K-8 grader and teach a variety of platforms including Code.org, Scratch, and Python.
Robotics for All is volunteer-based, with currently over 100 volunteers at the time of writing. Our volunteers hail from dozens of states across the United States and several other countries. We encourage you to apply to join our growing community of volunteers.