Hindi Translator & Voice Over
Title: Volunteer: Hindi Translator & Voice over Lead
Hours: 5-8 hrs. over the Week
Position Summary: Translate English courses in Hindi and record voiceover audios of employability training courses for people with Disabilities
Qualification Required :
- Fluent in spoken and written Hindi & English (Required)
- College graduate (desirable)
- Experience with a nonprofit organization (preferred)
- Proficient with Computer and Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with news reading or producing recorded content like podcasts (plus point)
Essential Responsibilities :
Translate English educational/employability focused "Professional development courses series" to Hindi- English for students with limited English language proficiency.
Record voice-over audios of bilingual (English-Hindi) course translation.
You will be provided weekly assignments to translate and record for review and finalisation.
Other Requirements :
- Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good internet connection and familiarity with social media platforms in specific WhatsApp and Skype
- Commitment towards the organisation for at least 6 months.
- Ability to work in a team to deliver consistent results.
- Experience in Hindi teaching will be a plus
- Excellent research skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work around different time zones
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to connect and communicate with diverse types of organizations: partners, schools, businesses, government, etc.
- Ability to take initiative, work individually or within the team
- High professional standards, including integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- A sense of Accomplishment & fulfilment
- Letter of Recommendation from ARISE Impact
- Professional Development and the opportunity to learn new skills
- Job Opportunities by building your resume and network with others
- Join an international community to create a change.
- Have fun while collaborating with a culturally and geographically diverse team!
About ARISE Impact
#3265, Sector 35-D, Chandigarh, Punjab 160022, IN
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) Impact is a mission oriented non-profit enabling self-learning for differently-abled.
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) is a non-profit Charitable Trust headquartered at Chandigarh, and recognized with charitable status. We develop and disseminate self-learning resources for the differently-abled and marginal communities. Our philosophy is of self-learning leading self-awareness, empowerment and hence, focusing on increasing engagement with education and likelihood of employability over the longer term.
We started serving our mission first in 2010, with Special Education Module for Visually Challenged at Institute for the Blind, Sector 26, Chandigarh. Special Education Module is a talking audio resource compatible across various devices, especially mobile platforms. We conducted in-classroom on-ground research studies to build models of cognitive learning for visually challenged children and their skillset and learning gaps. Based on our research, we have developed over 200 SEMs and distributed to more than 300 visually challenged children in India. Our impact has shown in typical 21% increase in test scores, shifting second-divisions to first, and gaining 98-100% engagement levels with our SEMs.
ARISE was the winner NGO in the Mobile Usage category under eNGO Challenge Awards (2014) amongst 700 NGOs in South Asia region and a Social Enterprise partner for City Awake Conference in Boston, USA