Title: Volunteer: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Hours: 1-1.5 hrs/day, 7 days a week
Location: Open and Virtual
Short Term (3 months) / Long Term (3+ months) : Long Term (26 weeks)
Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the effective and consistent development, coordination and implementation of HR business processes, functions and procedures, and monitors HR projects and workflows.
Qualification Required :
- Must have prior experience (2+ years) in human resources management
- Must have prior experience of leading a team (2+ years)
- MBA in HR or equivalent certification preferred
Essential Responsibilities :
- Set up the human resources department; work with senior leadership to understand the need and priorities of the organization, develop the HR strategy, create and implement the HR staffing plan, and enforce management guidelines by preparing human resource policies and procedures.
- Oversee the workflow of the human resource department and its programs including talent acquisition, staffing, volunteer processing, records management, workforce planning, and volunteer relations.
- Lead and manage leadership succession planning.
- Manage relationships with key volunteer recruitment platforms.
- Develop best practices for hiring and talent management and lead the strategic volunteer workforce planning while closely collaborating with various hiring managers across the organization.
Other Requirements :
- Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good network internet connection and familiarity with WhatsApp and Skype
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a virtual setting
- Must be able to collaborate and motivate team to deliver results
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must have a passion for building and growing relationships
- High professional standards, including integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Sense of accomplishment & fulfilment while changing the world
- Be a part of growing, self - motivated star team
- Letter of Recommendation from ARISE Impact
- Professional development and opportunity to learn new skills
- Job opportunities by building your resume and network with others
- Have fun while meeting new people
About ARISE Impact
#3265, Sector 35-D, Chandigarh, Punjab 160022, IN
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) Impact is a mission oriented non-profit enabling self-learning for differently-abled.
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) is a non-profit Charitable Trust headquartered at Chandigarh, and recognized with charitable status. We develop and disseminate self-learning resources for the differently-abled and marginal communities. Our philosophy is of self-learning leading self-awareness, empowerment and hence, focusing on increasing engagement with education and likelihood of employability over the longer term.
We started serving our mission first in 2010, with Special Education Module for Visually Challenged at Institute for the Blind, Sector 26, Chandigarh. Special Education Module is a talking audio resource compatible across various devices, especially mobile platforms. We conducted in-classroom on-ground research studies to build models of cognitive learning for visually challenged children and their skillset and learning gaps. Based on our research, we have developed over 200 SEMs and distributed to more than 300 visually challenged children in India. Our impact has shown in typical 21% increase in test scores, shifting second-divisions to first, and gaining 98-100% engagement levels with our SEMs.
ARISE was the winner NGO in the Mobile Usage category under eNGO Challenge Awards (2014) amongst 700 NGOs in South Asia region and a Social Enterprise partner for City Awake Conference in Boston, USA