SCORE Tulsa General Business Mentor
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Tulsa
Please visit the new page to apply.
The impact of the pandemic has greatly increased the demand for SCORE mentor support to new and returning clients who have been affected by the dramatic changes in the operation of small businesses. Our clients are in need of help from experienced business people who understand the challenges of starting, pivoting and/or growing small businesses, both for profit and non-profit.
While our core cadre of active mentors are available to help, the growth of demand drives the need for even more highly-qualified and motivated mentors. Because of the pandemic, most of our mentors are working strictly online, doing video sessions with clients; our office is closed; all chapter meetings are online; and, any face-to-face meetings require masks and social distancing.
If you can share your expertise with our clients, we need your help in whatever number of hours you are able to offer. This is an incredibly rewarding and interesting volunteer opportunity. Please join us!
About SCORE Tulsa
907 S. Detroit Ave., Suite 1001, Tulsa, OK 74120, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
907 S. Detroit Ave.Suite 1001Tulsa, OK 74120
October 11, 2023
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
- Professional Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 45
- Orientation or Training
- We want at least 4 hours a week of your time, but our clients need as much as you can share!
- You need excellent listening skills, the ability to think on your feet and a willingness to ask for help when you need it.