The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in Highlands County through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute as many hours as they can to help our nonprofit and public organizations meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. We match the personal interests and skills of our volunteers with opportunities to help solve community problems. We offer free supplemental insurance while on duty. Your volunteer station will provide any on-the-job training needed. Help us continue to make Highlands County a wonderful place to live.
RSVP Volunteers provide a wide range of important community services in areas such as homeland security, public safety, health, education, the environment and elder care. They may tutor children in reading and math, respond to natural disasters, help to build houses, model parenting skills to teen parents, participate in neighborhood watch programs, plan community gardens, deliver meals, or help community organizations operate more efficiently. Whatever your interests and background, there is certainly an RSVP opportunity to match.
Terms: Volunteer must be at least 55 years of age
Benefits: Accident / Liability
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Social Butterfly? Become a greeter
- Thrift Store Cashiers
- Tutor for Elementary schools
- Tutor, Elementary
- Be A Hope Volunteer
- Great Smile? Be a Welcome Center...
- Bring a Smile to a Senior-...
- [JASON] HIGHLANDS COUNTY RSVP
- Do you want to help a Veteran?...
- Greeter at Lake Placid Mural...
- RSVP Office Assistant
- Highlands Hammock State Park,...
- Do you want to be a reading buddy?
- Health Care Professionals
- Feed Our Community
- Special Events Volunteers needed!
- Clerical, Reception
- Receptionist, Clerical
- Volunteer Placement available at...
- Feed Our Community With The...