50 people are interested
50 people are interested
Help save Lives by joining the New York Blood Center Volunteer Team. We need your help at our Brooklyn Blood Drive Sites:
Enhance the donor experience at a blood drive by
- Greeting donors
- Taking their temperature before entering the drive
- Escorting the donor post donation
- Monitor donor post donation
- Sanitizing registration equipment and canteen area
- Ensuring the donor’s safety and provide positive atmosphere
Flexible volunteer assignments are available throughout Brooklyn. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application & criminal background check, as well as attend an orientation training session.
About Long Island Blood Services/New York Blood Center
1200 Prospect Ave, Westbury, NY 11590, US
As one of the most preeminent and comprehensive blood centers in the world, New York Blood Center operates under a four part mission. Specifically, New York Blood Center exists:
- To provide the highest quality blood and stem cell products, and related medical and consultative services, to hospitals and patients primarily in the greater New York metropolitan area;
- To conduct the highest quality, novel and innovative research in the fields of hematology, blood banking and transfusion medicine, and cellular therapies, thus advancing these fields, and positively impacting the public health;
- To develop products, technologies, and services in the fields of hematology, blood banking and transfusion medicine, and cellular therapies, with the potential to have worldwide humanitarian impact; and
- To train the next generation of leaders in each of these fields.
Accomplishing its mission through development of a critical mass of outstanding and dedicated individuals, either directly or through strategic partnerships, New York Blood Center will continue its legacy of being recognized worldwide as a comprehensive center of excellence.
With an unwavering commitment to excellence, quality, service, innovation and leadership in every area, New York Blood Center embraces and values the highest ethical, humanitarian, medical and scientific standards including compassion, respect, integrity, and caring for all people including the donor and patient, and the acquisition, sharing and application of knowledge, thus fostering a corporate and civic culture to continually earn and maintain the public trust.
307 Atlantic AvnueBrooklyn, NY 11201
August 9, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 12 hours per month
- Must be flexible and work well with general public