Adoption Center Front Desk Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY- Purpose of position and relevance to BRHS mission
The Blue Ridge Humane Society Front Desk Assistant will ensure that anyone who calls the Blue Ridge Humane Society receives quality customer service. This role is important to ensuring that anyone seeking information about Blue Ridge Humane Society receives accurate information and helps to efficiently connect callers with resources to help continue improving the lives of animals in our region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
- Arrive on time for your scheduled shift at the Adoption Center.
- Inform the Volunteer Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to make your shift.
- Answer the front desk phone line at the Adoption Center and respond to voicemails.
- Use a provided script to respond to general inquires about Blue Ridge Humane Society.
- Pass along inquires that go beyond the script to the appropriate staff members.
- Provide accurate responses to callers or pass along the information to the correct staff member.
- Represents BRHS in a professional, positive, and friendly manner at all times.
- Communicate effectively with Volunteer Coordinator, staff, and volunteers and help maintain a positive work environment.
- Maintain a judgement free attitude. Many different people access our services for a variety of reasons; a key tenant of Blue Ridge Humane Society is to reserve judgment of anyone coming to us for assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality of caller’s information.
- Log conversations topics to help track what questions we typically receive.
- Comply with all up-to-date policies and procedures.
- Sign in and out using the kiosk on site or accurately report hours following your shift.
To perform this volunteer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to learn
- Adaptability and being able to think quickly
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft excel and word
- Ability to use a phone and have understanding of dialing and forwarding phone numbers
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Must have completed general orientation or Virtual Volunteer Information Session.
- Ability to function as part of a team and work with fellow volunteers, BRHS staff, and partner staff.
If you are interested in volunteering in this position, please email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
10:00 AM to 01:30 PM
01:30 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Blue Ridge Humane Society
88 Centipede Lane, HENDERSONVLLE, NC 28792, US
We are dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County and our neighboring communities through adoption, outreach, and education.
The Blue Ridge Humane Society offers a variety of volunteer opportunities from assisting in our Adoption Center, Thrift Store, and with Community Programs! If you are a dog or cat lover, we are looking for driven individuals who are believe in ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County. There are so many pieces that go into fulfilling our mission from adoption, prevention, and education and we need volunteers throughout every step of the way!
88 Centipede LaneHendersonvilleHendersonville, NC 28792
August 16, 2021
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to a regular weekly shift Tuesday-Saturday either 10:00 am - 1:30 pm or 1:30 -5:00 pm
- Must complete Blue Ridge Humane Society Virtual Volunteer Information Session